Moving things into self storage can be a daunting task, but it may not take as long as you think if you remember the following things:
- Have all your packaging materials ready before you start – boxes, bubble wrap, brown tape etc. Like BWI Self Storage, your local storage centre probably sells everything you need should you find yourself a little short.
- Pack things you don’t need/use often first.
- Pack heavier items in smaller boxes – it’ll be easier to carry. Also, keep the weight of boxes to a minimum to avoid injury.
- Also, pack heavier items in the bottom of the box and lighter items on top.
- Wrap breakables in bubble wrap.
- Pack small or loose items in sandwich bags before putting them into the box.
- Fill any voids with smaller items (such as socks) and/or polystyrene fillers to prevent boxes collapsing in on themselves or fragile items shifting during transit.
- You may also want to cushion your box by lining it with newspaper or soft linens.
- Use wardrobe boxes for clothes that need to be hung, or lightweight bulky things like duvets or pillows.
- Don’t forget to label your boxes!
We hope these little tips help to make the daunting take of packing that little bit easier. If you need any extra packaging materials then visit our packaging page, we sell everything from boxes to bubble wrap.